Medical Assisting Program and Training
serving the Quad Cities (Davenport, Moline, Rock Island, Bettendorf) and surrounding communities.
Program available in remote learning.
Speak with your admissions representative for more information
Enjoy a career in one of the fastest growing† fields in the fast-paced world of medicine. Enroll in Medical Assisting and learn to draw blood, give injections, perform EKGs, take vital signs, sterilize instruments and other tasks vital to the medical community. You will also gain a wide variety of administrative abilities that will keep the medical office running.
As the need for medical staff rises, Medical Assistants are in higher demand. When you train at Orion Tech, you will experience both the administrative and clinical areas of the medical environment. These two skills along with an externship, will prepare you for your chosen career in healthcare.
- Monday – Thursday School Week
- Day classes 8:10 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Night classes 5:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
- 40 week Diploma Program*
- Industry Standard Medical Training Equipment
- Courses Related to Employment Field
- Curriculum Developed for Healthcare Industry
- Access to Career Services
- Authorized Certification Site for the National Center for Competency Testing
- Financial Aid Available to those who qualify
The medical assisting program at Orion Technical has a retention rate of 91.11% for the admission cohort(s) that entered in 2019, and there are a number of support services available to students so that they can successfully complete the program.