The Nikhil Engineering Scholarship
An opportunity to specialize in various aspects of engineering and also gain financial assistance doing so.
– Product Design Engineering
– Manufacturing Engineering
– Surface Mount Engineering
– Sales & Marketing Engineering
Who is AVG?
AVG is a family owned mini-conglomerate of electronics companies operating world-wide with its headquarters in Bettendorf, Iowa. It was founded in 1975, has 20+ patents and has an installed product base of $2 Billion dollars. All its thousands of products are designed and manufactured in US and AVG is very proud to support American jobs.
AVG has some of the best design engineers in the world that have invented a lot of new technologies allowing its products to be manufactured right here in Bettendorf, IA that are able to compete with Chinese imports. Its Chairman of the Board is one of those engineers and believes that the flight of manufacturing to China can be stopped if our education system provided base, practical skills instead of just book theories.
What is the criteria to apply?
To qualify applicants must have:
- 3.5 minimum cumulative GPA
- Successful completion of the Wonderlic
- Two letters of recommendation from your High School teachers (for recent HS grads) or professional references.
- Submission of Official Transcripts
- Complete the official Application for Consideration at Orion Technical College
- Complete an interview with AVG
What can award winners expect from AVG and Orion Technical College?
Applicants can expect:
- The industry-focused education in fundamentals of electronics, electronic components and electronic circuits.
- Practical hand-on training where you will be designing, building and trouble-shooting real life products in advanced labs.
- Training with established engineers who have decades worth of industry experience.
- Based on your aptitude, you will have the option to choose courses that lead you into seven different industry disciplines.
- You will graduate with not just a diploma, but with deep practical experience that employers find rare in today’s graduates in Electronics Technology.
- Your curriculum will include materials and courses such “Best Real world Design Practices” and “Strategic Selling” that otherwise cost tens of thousands of dollars.
- You will get financial assistance from both AVG and Orion. You will have the opportunity to have summer job/internship with AVG*.
- You will also have the opportunity to have a part-time job with AVG* while you are studying. AVG is located right near Orion.
- For the top ranking students, you will have the chance to interview for a position at AVG*.
*for complete information regarding employment possibilities, income, and benefits related to AVG employment, please contact AVG directly.